Signing up to our online services
Lambeth is a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will hold and process your personal information in accordance with this Act.
To sign up for our online services you must provide us with a working email address.
Until such time you choose to unsubscribe, you consent to receive notices, notifications and other documents electronically from Lambeth Council.
The services are:
- News-by-email: a subscription service allowing you to keep up-to-date with Lambeth Council’s developments in areas that you have specifically expressed and interest.
The email and messaging service hosted on our behalf by a third party. The third party has been carefully selected by Lambeth Council, and is contractually bound to handle your information in accordance with the Principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 as set out below.
Compliance with the Data Protection Act
Lambeth Council comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 by taking all reasonable steps to ensure that:
- Personal data is only used when it is fair and lawful to do so.
- Personal data, obtained for a specific, lawful reason is not subsequently processed for a further incompatible purpose.
- Only necessary personal data will be gathered.
- Personal data held will be accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Personal data will not be held longer than is necessary.
- Individuals can access information about themselves in accordance with their rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Personal data will be held safely and securely.
- Personal data will be only be transferred outside of the European Economic Area if the proper protections are put in place.
Data collection and use
You may be asked for personal information if you complete one of the forms on this site. Please see below the information we ask for and what this information is used for.
In each case we will only use the information about you for the purpose for which you provide it. Information you submit on the website is stored on secure servers. In order to complete your request as outlined above, we may need to transfer information you submit to us to countries or jurisdictions outside the EEA. We are compliant with the EU- US Privacy Shield agreement which regulates the exchange of personal data between the two areas and is recognised by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for the rights of data individuals in connection the transfer of their personal data to signatories of the scheme in the USA. We will never sell or share your personal information with any other organisation outside of Lambeth Council. London Borough of Lambeth is a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will hold and process personal information in accordance with this Act.
You may remove or change your details at any time. You have right of access to your personal information held on our files by written request to the data protection officer (address below) and on payment of an administration fee.